#1 Reduce Plastics
- Plastic food containers
- Plastic Water Bottles
- Lunchbox containers
- Replace with glass or stainless steel options
#2 Increase the Water Quality
- Try a water filtration system, like Brita, under-the-counter units, or even a whole-house filtration system
#3 Replace Cleaning Products That are Loaded with Chemicals
- Try using natural products like vinegar, baking soda and citrus oils
- Use a dishwashing detergent that is made without harsh chemicals.
#4 Rethink Your Laundry Routine
- Try detergent brands like ECOS, Honest, Seventh Generation, Myers,Norwex
- Purchase “dryer balls” and use in place of dryer sheets.
#5 Remove Synthetic Air Fresheners
- The ones you plug into the walls need to go!
- Try using a diffuser with essential oils.
#6 Use Live Plants
- They can help absorb toxins in the air.
- Good choices are ferns, palms, ivy and cactus.
#7 Try a Salt Lamp
- Some people believe they neutralize the air and help remove impurities.
- They have a nice, peaceful glow.
#8 Reduce Electromagnetic Radiation
- Turn your cell phone off at night and leave it away from your bedroom.
#9 Remove Vinyl Shower Curtains
#10 Use Sheets and Pillow Cases Made from Natural Materials
- Cotton, linen or bamboo are all good choices.