I have made these muffins for events as a healthy alternative to a traditional muffin that is full of butter, sugar, white flour and other not so good-for-you ingredients. These remind me of the taste of a German chocolate pound cake that my mom used to make when we were little. If you don’t tell the little ones what’s in it, they will never know. I grate and then chop the zucchini in the food processor so you don’t even know it’s in there. I have a picky eater, so I have to hide the fact that they are healthy or he won’t even go near them.
I can’t take credit for this recipe, as it is one that I took straight from someone else, who got it from someone else and we don’t actually know where the original recipe came from. But, it is good enough to share here and I want my readers to be able to enjoy these as much as I do!
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- 2 T organic, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- 1 c gluten free flour (I used 1/2.oat flour 1/2 all-purpose gluten free flour)
- 1 serving Juice Plus complete chocolate powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 c organic zucchini, shredded with the liquid squeezed out
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil
- Grate the zucchini over paper towel and squeeze liquid out
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder through zucchini
- Stir to combine (I found a whisk was enough)
- Pour the batter into muffin cups
- Bake for about 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.